Sunday, June 2, 2013

Healthy Kids Day

Saturday April 27th I participated in the Fort Worth YMCA Healthy Kids Day.  I have been involved with this event for many years now and was so excited to be apart of it again this year, but this time in the great city of Fort Worth.  

This year, the Fort Worth YMCA decided to do a city wide Healthy Kids Day at the YMCA Camp Carter. This was such a beautiful camp ground and luckily we had great weather since we were outside.  

I had a booth set up right in the main area of the event.  I was handing out my activity books and fruit shaped silly bands (to remind kids when they wear them to "eat lots of fruit").  I was able to speak to so many families about how to help their entire family start eating healthy and ways to get each family member more active.  

This event has truly been one of my favorite events to be at.  There are so many kids and families that attend and it is such a fun event that shares the same focus of my platform, getting kids active a healthy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment